Sunday, January 8, 2012

Quiet Backwater Reflections

Over the past year I have been participating in some on-line landscape classes presented in the form of webinars by Johannes Vloothuis. Johannes is an American landscape painter who is a wonderful teacher - taking time to point out the essences of what makes a good landscape painting. Here is one of my paintings after listening to the course on water and water reflections.
 Quiet Backwater Reflections by Marion Hedger
Oil on canvas board 35x27cm (14"x11")

Although still primarily a floral painter, I have been dabbling in landscapes more and more. I started landscapes a couple of years ago, using pastels. I really enjoyed pastels but had to stop using them because of the dust, and landscapes never worked for me in acrylics. I now enjoy using oils so have once again I have begun exploring landscapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment